30 July 2007

The Baby Shower

This past weekend the grandparents threw Mike, Ella, and me a baby shower. It was the most beautiful shower ever! Before the shower began the whole family was there to help Mike and I get ready for the festivities, it was so helpful having them all there. We could not have gotten everything ready without all their help.
It was so wonderful having all our family and friends with us to celebrate Ella, I can not believe that she will be here in a few weeks! Mike and I are starting to get nervous. We are so excited and anxious to see, her but at the same time we are scared and nervous about being first time parents. Everyone says we will be great but it is still really scary. I think Mike and I are doing a pretty good job keeping each other calm.
Back to the shower... Everyone was so generous...overly generous! From the adorable clothes to the toys and necessities that we never knew we would need. After everyone left Mike and I sat down and went though all the gifts again. It was all so overwhelming and heart warming. Ella will be surrounded by such loving and caring people. It is amazing that so many people care about her already.
Our favorite gift would have to be the book that Aunt Jessie made for Ella. There was not a dry eye in the house (actually, tent) when I opened this one. There is a song by the Rascal Flatts called My Wish. Jessie took the words to this song and made a book, which she illustrated! She is amazing... What made this book so special and ironic is that when ever I hear this song on the radio I sing it and think of Ella. Aunt Jessie also has a space at the back of the book for people to write down their wish for Ella. How cute!!! On Sunday, Mike and I read the book again (I cried again) and all the beautiful comments that people had written. If you did not get a chance to sign the book please feel free to come by and sign it with your wish for Ella, and gush over Aunt Jessie's art work.

http://picasaweb.google.com/diarkowski/EllaBabyShower?authkey=a7aHthdTwbY
This is the web site for the pictures from the shower, check them out there are pictures of Ella's room!! (Thanks Dean for taking all these pictures and getting them to us so quickly)

Thank you everyone for all of your generosity and support, all of you mean so much to us and all of you have touched our hearts forever. We love you all and can not wait to celebrate Ella's birth with you in September!