19 July 2011

Franklin Institute

We recently went to the Franklin Institute with Nana.  It was quite an adventure.  We were trying to get to the Please Touch Museum but could not find it and stumbled upon the Franklin Institute.  Mom and I saw a sign showing that there was a Mummies exhibit.  We were discussing how cool it would be to see when all of the sudden Ella says from the back, "I WANNA SEE THE MUMMIES!!'  Not fully thinking this through we park and buy tickets.  We are on our way to go to the exhibit and Ella says 'When are we going to see the MOMMY'S?' This is when I realize I think we have made a mistake.  OOPS!  We had a tricky time trying to explain the difference between Mummies and Mommies. And, in the end we told her they were made of stone and left it at that.  She still calls them Mommys.  But thats ok.  We had a wonderful time seeing the rest the museum had to offer.  This was Ella and Nana on the train.  Ella loved it.