21 September 2007

When will Ella get here?

Today at the docs we discussed my options, since I was only 70% effaced. Not much difference from last week (60%). The options are: sit and wait for another week (yeah right!!!!) or schedule an induction. Because I am a total control freak, and I have been going crazy waiting for her, induction was the path we decided on. As of right now, we will go in Tuesday night and Cervidil will be placed on my cervix (see the link on the top left of the page for more information) Then on Wednesday I will be given Pitocin (see link for more info) which will start my contractions, if they have not begun on their own by this point. If Ella decides to come out before Tuesday night none of this will need to be done. But it looks like Ella just needs a little coaxing to come meet us. I am very excited and can not wait for her to get here. I can not wait until all of the waiting is over, but at least now I know I won't be pregnant forever!!


This past weekend we got a delivery from the Potts family! The most beautiful Bassinet I have ever seen was delivered to the house. David made the whole thing, we have been waiting patiently for its arrival but as we got closer and closer to the due date we could not wait!
The bassinet is perfect! The color matches the floor and fits perfectly right next to the window seat. We can't wait to have Ella sleep in it. She will be so comfy!!